Lisvernane NS is a School which strives to provide a well-
While Lisvernane N.S. is a school with a Catholic ethos, it also gives due recognition to children of all other religious beliefs and none.
We aim to provide an appropriate, stimulating and broadly challenging education for all our pupils. We aim to encourage language, learning and the appreciation of languages and their place in our culture and heritage.
Lisvernane N.S. encourages the involvement of parents through home-
At Lisvernane N.S. we endeavour to enhance the self-
We strive to promote, both individually and collectively, the professional and personal development of teachers through staff development programmes.
Lisvernane NS encourages our pupils to have respect for diversity, environmental awareness and appreciation of our community.
Our school embraces:
- A sense of fairness and right relationships with all other persons
- Deep respect for all people.
- Forgiveness and new beginnings: A place where grudges are not held.
- Respect and Dignity: Deep intrinsic respect for all others.
- Affirmation and Tolerance: That we speak to, react to and act towards others
respectful of their dignity.
- Personal Faith Formation: Formal prayer, religion lesson, celebrations of sacraments
and the liturgy seasons of the year.
- Belonging: That all experience a sense of belonging and contribute to the promotion
of the desired ethos of the school.
- Understanding: Teachers and pupils have positive experiences of school and positive
relations are fostered.
Ní neart go cur le cheile
Lisvernane National School